1. Course Overview
This course educates students on the proper courses of action if faced with a life-threatening scenario caused by an active shooter in the workplace. Emergency response readiness and instruction on liaising with local law enforcement and the FBI are emphasized. Professionals will look at active assailant incidents and statistics, recent incidents of office shootings, and various scenarios that can escalate to violence.
2. Learning Objectives:
- What are the signs and signals of an active shooter incident?
- How should you react in the event that shots are fired in your building?
- How can you assess your workplace’s safety strengths and weaknesses?
- Describe potential tactics and decision cycles to mitigate harm.
- Understand how to create, update, and maintain your active shooter plan, and keep all staff informed and up-to-date.
- What are the signs and signals that a situation may turn confrontational?
- How should you ensure that your office is prepared and how to assess a viable escape plan?
3. Course Information
- Case Studies & Articles
- On-demand video
- Downloadable materials
- Internet connection (DSL, LAN, or cable connection desirable)
- Personal computer
- 60-day unlimited course access
- Certificate of Completion
This online course is broken into modules for self-paced learning. You will need a supported web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. **Make sure this course is approved by your state for licensing renewal.
To report a problem or request technical assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.